Business & Organisation Permits
Important message for Existing Permit Holders
If you have an existing permit which you purchased from Norwich City Council this will need renewing on the Parking Operations system hosted by MiPermit.
If you gave Norwich City Council an email address or phone number when you applied for your permit this will have enabled us to set up an account with MiPermit on your behalf. Please follow the instructions on our Using MiPermit page to renew your permit(s) or access your account.
We have a variety of business permits available for business users.
For businesses located in non-city centre permit zones
2-hour short stay business permit (Short stay in a zone)
- These are paper permits with a parking clock for short stay parking (up to 2 hours) to be used by customers or clients only in the parking zone the business is located in.
- This permit can be used by any vehicle and is not issued to any specific vehicle.
- You can apply for as many permits as your business requires (within reason).
When you apply for the first time, you need to provide the following proof of business for us to assess your eligibility.
- your company or organisation name
- business description
- reasons for needing the permits, ie. why visits to multiple zones (or the specific zone requested) are required
- how many permits are required and for what reasons.
Please allow up to five working days for your application to be processed.
Permits for charities and non-profit organisations
For charities and non profit organisations up to two, 2-hour charity permits may be issued, these are charged at a reduced rate.
- 2-hour charity permit; issued for any CPZ (for all zones except Castle zone in the city centre)
Long stay business permits – vehicle specific (Long stay in a zone)
- Two virtual permits for long stay parking (longer than 2 hours, up to 24 hours) to be used in the parking zone the business is located in.
- Permits are for vehicles used for business purposes, and not for staff parking who commute to the business.
- Each permit can be issued for up to two specifically registered vehicles – it is the responsibility of the business/organisation to ensure that the correct vehicle is on the system at the time of use. For instructions on how to do this please click here.
- Permit duration – you can have a permit for any period between 1 and 18 months.
- Calculate the cost– the permit fee is calculated by multiplying the monthly enforcement charge by the number of months required and then adding the £16 admin charge.
|Enforcement per month
|Terms & Conditions
|Business permit for a specific CPZ 2 hour
|Norwich Business and Organisation Permit – Terms and Conditions
|Business permit all zones 2 hour (Except Castle)
|Business permit all zones 2 hours (registered charity)
|Business permit (vehicle specific) Long Stay