Important message for Existing Permit Holders
If you have an existing permit which you purchased from Norwich City Council this will need renewing on the Parking Operations system hosted by MiPermit.
If you gave Norwich City Council an email address or phone number when you applied for your permit this will have enabled us to set up an account with MiPermit on your behalf. Please follow the instructions on our Using MiPermit page to renew your permit(s) or access your account.
What is the nature of the permit and how many can I have?
The care permit and childcare permit allows people/children who have medical and/or care needs for which they receive support in their own home to obtain a permit in order to receive said care. This can be applied for if the visitor does not have their own relevant permit. The care permit is a paper permit which details the zone in which it can be used.
The child care permit is virtual and can have up to two registrations attached to it. The permit owner must select the correct registration to be valid within the zone and only one vehicle may be selected at a time.
Eligible individuals will be issued with one permit in addition to any other entitlement.
|Terms & Conditions
|Care Permit – Terms and Conditions
|Terms & Conditions
|Free – benefit entitlement
What type of vehicle can the permit be used for?
Permits are not valid for use on vehicles with an unladen weight of more than 3.5 tonnes or which exceed six metres in length.
How the care permit can be used:
- The physical permit must be displayed on the near side of the windscreen, so that it can be read from the outside of the vehicle.
- A permit does not guarantee a parking space. If no parking spaces are available, this does not justify a parking contravention elsewhere.
- Permits are only valid for use on the dates shown on the permit.
- The permit is only valid in on-street permit parking spaces of the parking zone it is issued for – the zone is shown by the letter before the serial number on the permit or by the name printed on the permit. Signs near each permit parking bay will identify the parking zone.
- A care permit is not valid for use across a dropped kerb for pedestrian or cycle use at any time or to a private driveway or garage without the express consent of the user of that drive or garage.
The use of permits is monitored. Where evidence is found that the permit is being used wrongly the permit holder will be given the opportunity to provide a satisfactory explanation of the circumstances or agree actions to rectify the situation. Action will be taken by the council if no satisfactory response is received.