Trader Permits & Business/Organisation Virtual Scratch cards
Important message for Existing Permit Holders
If you have an existing permit which you purchased from Norwich City Council this will need renewing on the Parking Operations system hosted by MiPermit.
If you gave Norwich City Council an email address or phone number when you applied for your permit this will have enabled us to set up an account with MiPermit on your behalf. Please follow the instructions on our Using MiPermit page to renew your permit(s) or access your account.
Trader Permits and business/organisation scratch cards are virtual permits which allow businesses or organisations who need regular access to their vehicle to park in areas where restrictions are in place.
They are valid for one vehicle, for one day only and not for a rolling 24-hour period across more than one day. You will need a dispensation for each vehicle for the number of days required, subject to terms and conditions.
Virtual dispensations and trader permits are available online through MiPermit.
Terms and conditions for our virtual Trader Permits/Dispensation can be found here. These permits are vehicle specific and location specific so you will need your vehicle registration number and the road name when you apply.
Terms and conditions for our virtual Business/Organisation Dispensations-Scratch Cards can be found here. These permits are valid across all zones and can be used in any vehicle as long as they are used in accordance with the terms and conditions stated. These are no longer paper scratch cards and when purchased will be uploaded to your digital account.
Where you can park
- on a waiting restriction such as single yellow or double yellow lines
- in a parking permit bay (but not Car Club bays)
- in a pay and display bay (no time restriction on maximum stay, no additional payment required)
- in a limited waiting bay (no time restriction on maximum stay)
- with prior agreement in a pedestrian zone
Where you cannot park
- loading bays
- blue badge bay
- where there is a loading ban in force (single or double kerb flashes)
- where there is a no-stopping restriction (eg bus stops, pedestrian crossings)
- off-street car parks eg Chantry car park
- Norwich City Centre zones
Activating your Virtual Permits
Each virtual permit you have must be activated when you want to use it. Instructions for how to do this can be found here
Date specific dispensation permits are available for the following periods:
- 1 day – £13
- 2 days – £18.40
- 3 days – £27.70
- 4 days – £36.90
- 5 days – £46.20